Sunday 31 August 2014

Rimmel London BB Cream: is it 9-in-1?

Several people have either emailed me or left me a comment asking for me to do a review on the Rimmel London BB Cream which was in my 'What's in my Travel Bag'

I got mine in Light, and from Superdrug where it usually is £6.99 but it is repeatedly on offer for £5.

Primes - Yes
Moisturises - Yes
Minimises Pores - No
Conceals - 50/50
Covers - Yes
Smoothes - Yes
Mattifies - No
Brightens - No
Helps Protect - From what exactly?.. the sun?

The texture is very creamy but surprisingly is very awkward to blend in. I apply this with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush to give a higher coverage but still, I am not impressed. This BB Cream claims to Conceal and Cover when in my opinion it doesn't unless you apply several layers.

- When applied, skin feels smooth
- Creamy so it is moisturizing
-Reasonably priced
- Contains SPF 25

- Even the lightest shade is too dark for my skin and I am fair
- Hard to blend in
- In some areas it goes all patchy, looking dry

I would never repurchase this, I have read so many reviews on this and every single one either says the lightest shade is too dark or it goes patchy.
If you have a darker skin tone/tan then this product would be more appropriate but the patchiness has put me off. I would consider re-purchasing this if they released some lighter shades but for now, no. I am a big fan of Rimmel and this Product has really let me down so I am on the search for a new BB Cream!

What BB Cream do you recommend?
My Photo Contest is still on, so if you're up for entering please click HERE I would really appreciate some more entries as I don't have enough! Xxx

This post is not sponsored- All opinions are honest and my own












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Images by Freepik